Saturday, April 11, 2009

Back in Namche

This will be short as I'm exhausted. I just wanted to touch base and let you know that I'm back in Namche Bazaar (about 2 days walk from the airport). I'm not sure how long I'll stay here - likely a few days. But internet access is decent and not astronomical so I'll write a couple of decent blogs and/or emails if I stay up here. It was really cold and much more rustic farther up and I just got a bit tired of it. The absolutely stellar views are wonderful but sadly are no longer a trade-off for hanging your bare butt over a squat toilet while trying not to slip on the ice all over the floor. I'm back in the land of western toilets and much warmer weather. The views are still pretty but not quite the same. I walked for about 8 hours today, and even though much of it was downhill, it was still very tiring. I had hoped to spend the night farther up but couldn't get a room so had to keep going to Namche. Am very glad to be out of my boots.

Okay...I'll fill you in on details tomorrow.

Oh...by the way...I just heard a rumour that it's Easter. That came right out of the blue for me. I hope you're all enjoying your festivities. I'll probably be having fried rice or potatoes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home