Monday, April 06, 2009

Dingboche

Another very quick and expensive post to let you know that all is well. I'm really enjoying my time here - there's something really special about doing it alone. I can go at my own pace (slow!) and take lots of rest days. This allows me to do some day hikes on the side trails and explore places I haven't seen before. This morning I hiked up to Chukkhung on the way to Island Peak base camp. It was a lovely morning and got some fabulous views.

I was somewhat disappointed by the lack of email when I logged on today. If anyone feels compelled to write, please do. I likely won't have internet for a little while now as I'm heading north and I don't think there's connectivity up there. I'll check again on the way down.

My father stopped acknowledging birthdays several years ago, but I think it should be noted that on April 10 he will become an octogenarian. He'll kill me if anyone makes a fuss but I'm sure a call or card would be welcome. Happy birthday Dad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home