Saturday, April 04, 2009

Thangboche (3840 Metres ASL)

This is a very brief note just to touch base. Internet is 20 Nrs (about 35 cents) per minute.

Everything is great and I'm having a blast, although it's colder than I expected. I'm on my third day at the monastery and will leave to head up the valley tomorrow. Am not sure how fast I'll go - I have lots of time and am sort of just ambling along. It's really wonderful. Lots of trekkers on the trail, but tons of climbing expeditions. The latter are typically a bit of a snooty bunch (we're climbers you're just trekkers mentality) but I don't have to spend much time with them so that's okay. By the looks of things, Base Camp is going to be a zoo this year. I should get there sometime in the next 4-5 days depending on what I decide to do along the way.

All is right in the world, so don't worry about me. My biggest concern is running out of reading material but hopefully will be able to swap books with someone when the time comes. Will write again when technical and financial resources are in place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home