Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Everest View Hotel

This will be a very short post as I'm almost out of time.

I had a great sleep last night and stayed in bed until a luxurious 7:00 AM. I spent the morning just ambling around the countryside above Namche Bazaar. There was fresh snow on the ground but it melted by mid-day. I stopped for a pot of hot chocolate at the Everest View Hotel, which, not surprisingly, offers great views of Everest, Lhotse and Ama Dablam. It is a very expensive hotel in the middle of nowhere. Most guests get choppered in and don't venture out beyond the beautiful balcony.

I am absolutely in my element here. I'm having a blast and feeling great. I'll spend another day at Namche and then head up to Thangboche monastery for a couple of days of spiritual work with the monks (and the bakery!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home