Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Change of Plans

I have decided to leave Namche a day earlier than planned. My next stop is Thangboche monastery which involves a fairly grueling climb. A British couple that I have been spending some time with have found a nice teahouse part way into the trek to Thangboche. It's a pleasant two hour walk from here and means that we'll be starting the climb to Thangboche fresh the next day. I've decided to join them. It will be nice to be in a quieter place tonight, although being part of the bustle of Namche is fun too. I'm sure I'll stop in again on the way down and enjoy a drink or two when altitude isn't an issue.

I'm not sure if there will be internet in Thangboche, although I suspect that it has found its way there by now. I'll probably spend a few days there as there's a beautiful monastery there and I can sit in on the afternoon chants with the monks, which is really soothing. It's one of the reasons I came up here.

The next town, Dingboche, has internet for sure, so the worst case is that I'll be out of touch for 4 days or so. All is well, so no need to worry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home