Friday, April 17, 2009

Back in the "Kat"

I finally made it back to Kathmandu after waiting out some bad weather in the mountains. Despite clear weather today, the flight was the most turbulent I've ever experienced and the poor Sherpa woman behind me spent the flight with her head in her lap and her arms around the seat, hands digging into my belly. After I recovered from the initial shock of being molested from the seat behind, I tried to comfort her by stroking her hands but truthfully there were moments when I was a bit nervous myself. Anyway, all ended well and I'm at home enjoying some unscheduled electricity, due, I think, to new year's celebrations. April 14 marked the first day of 2066 here in Nepal.

I am going to relax, get myself a decent meal (I'm thinking paneer korma or perhaps paneer butter masala - anything but fried rice or potatoes)and just unwind with a cocktail or two in Thamel. I'll get down to some writing tomorrow and post a blog in the next couple of days about my experiences in the mountains. I also have about 25 emails to respond to, so I'll try to get to them in the next few days too. Hopefully the bonus electricity will hold out for another day or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home