Tuesday, May 12, 2009

On My Way

I am down to the wire now...will be heading home tomorrow morning. I have had a really good last few days enjoying both the city and the people in it. I saw a well-acted if rather strange interpretation of "Waiting for Godot", celebrated Buddha's birthday with thousands of other people at the Swayambunath temple, had a traditional 7-course Newari dinner at the famous Dwarika's hotel, hosted a cocktail party on my terrace and did some bar-hopping in Thamel.

I went out today to run my last few errands and was hoping to meander around the city a bit to soak up the ambiance. We've had a few storms over the last couple of days, so the air is clearer than it's been in months and has a crispness I haven't felt in ages. Unfortunately the city wasn't at its best today and after struggling with crazy drivers and touts, came home to spend my last afternoon in the solitude of my apartment. I'll finish my book in the next hour or so and pick up a new one to read on my long journey. I'm off for dinner with Jackie at a lovely restaurant in the Garden of Dreams, a restored garden in a former Rana palace. It's a stunning setting.

I’ll check my e-mail in the morning before I head out to the airport but will be out of touch from that point on. My next post will come from Chelsea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home