Thursday, May 07, 2009

Work

A few of my friends from the telecom industry have been putting out feelers for work for me. It’s a small industry and word of my return has been spreading. Consequently, I’ve been made aware of a few opportunities that may be suitable for me. I have been reading the e-mails with mixed emotions. Obviously, it’s great that there is work out there, especially in light of everything I’ve heard about the world’s dire economic situation. However I am also reminded of why I left the telecom industry three years ago and how much I wish I didn’t have to return to it. Unfortunately I am now in a position where I need to fill up my feeble bank account and that means taking a contract.

I have travelled around the world looking for something that would give me reason to get up in the morning and perhaps even fulfill me. I have had to let go of that dream, at least temporarily, and have lowered my sights. I don’t expect to wake up each morning eager to get to my workplace. I don’t need to go to bed every night feeling like I did something meaningful with my day. I don’t even need to be happy for those 40 hours each week. I just wish I wasn’t going to be so miserable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home